Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mysore

So I've arrived in Mysore. After a sleeper train (cheap seats but perfectly okay for one night)from Hospet (awful spot)listenening to a man cough (I was convinced he had TB) and a brief moment of loosing Tatia in Bangalore train station (we were in different cabins and the station has no discernable layout) and a 3 hour coach journey (Bollywood Movie and AC included). First impressions are that it seems lovely. Very pleasent, I have only been asked 12 times if I would like an rickshaw.

I have been to see how they make incense and silk today and also around a fruit market and am off to a fancy restaurant where they have live traditional Indian Music!!! I am going on a mad 12 hour tourist trip around Mysore, which will hopefully include all the sights and I'll get to see a tiger (in a zoo).

On Thursday I'm off on a mad 3 day journey up to Calcutta, I'm going to spend a night or two there before heading up to Darjeeling (so don't expect to here from me for a couple of days). I'm having fun again, so alls good. Obviously this might change after spending 38 hours on a train. After experiencing sleeper class I've pushed the boat out and gone 2nd class AC, so at least I should get to look out of the window.

Next stop Calcutta.

Also today I've seen a cat walking round with a kitten half sticking out of its fanny, just thought I'd share.

3 comments:

  1. It's nice to hear that you're enjoying yourself again, I also like that the kitten comment was delivered with you usual elequaint use of the English language.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a way of putting things Vic! You should know better with your level of vocational education.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot believe you didn't help the cat! Makes being sprayed by one seem quite lame in comparison.
    Still ahven't got a postcard!
    Sophie remined us today that she loves skipping with Grandma & Auntie Vic. Bless.
    Take care on your travels and if we don't hear from you before, hope you've had a fab Birthday.
    Lots of love. The Birds xxxx

    ReplyDelete