Monday, March 30, 2009

Hampi

I'm feeling a bit better, thankyou to everyone for there kind support.
Hampi's fun, lots of ruins, just very hot getting to them. I'm currently sat on a computer dripping sweat onto the keyboard (40degrees in the shade) I'm sweltering.

I go to Mysore tonight, I've got 2 days there (which I should be sightseeing with a lovely lady) and then I've decided to abandon the south and head to Darjeling (involves a 37hr train Journey - yes I am mad). From there I think I'm going to Head into Nepal and see about doing some trekking for a couple of weeks and then go back to India.

Still feeling very homesick, but looking forward to the next couple of days.

Also this morning I watched a elephant take her bath and the got blessed by said elephant, whats not to love about that.

You'll be pleased to now that the pesky monkeys here aren't quite as savvier pickpockets as the ones in Elephanta.

1 comment:

  1. 37 hours, blimey? How many sleeps does that involve?? Is there no where to stop off on route?
    Trekking in Nepal sounds cool.
    Glad you're feeling a little better.
    Take care and looking forward to the next installment.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete