Friday, April 3, 2009

Mysore to Calcutta the hard way.

So since I last talked to you a lot seems to have happened. I'm afraid I cannot give you a cat/kitten update, I never saw them again. I can't believe that some of you believed I would just go and yank it out, my main concern was lack of camera.

On Tuesday night went to the swankiest restaurant I have ever eaten in, sat the whole night giggling at how fab it was and how bad i looked. I felt like a British princess whose Dad had just taken over India, it was that swanky.

Wednesday, went on a manic 13hour tour of Mysore, this inluded the zoo, an art gallery, the Palace, three temples, a church, a mosque, a giant bull, a fort and rather bizzarely an illuminated gardens including light show and music (it felt like being at a music festival the amount of people around and the atmosphere, but the show was a bit of a let down, all I can guess is that Indian people are easily amused. It was a long day on the tour but it meant I got to see al the sights of Mysore with little trouble to myself. It was slightly wierd that everyone else on the tour was Indian tourists (their school holidays) and also had to guess what the tour guide was saying (Hindu) but fun non the less. Went straight out for dinner when the tour had finished and more importantly a cold beer and sat with some lovely Austrailians.

The rest of my time since then has been spent getting to Calcutta. This involved a coach to Bangalore (no Bollywood this time, very dissappointing), train from there to Chennai and then the train up to Calcutta. Very tiring but fun. My first impressions of Calcutta are not favouable. There appears to be mountains of rubbish everywhere and I get hassled a lot (even for here) everytime I leave the door. I've done all my washing today and have every intention of pottering for the rest of the day, will sight see tomorrow.

On the sleeper train to Darjeling tomorrow, so will hopefully stop melting then.

No comments:

Post a Comment