Monday, April 27, 2009

Kathmandu to Pokhara

Sorry I haven't been on here for a while, I have been lazy, sorry that should be Lazy, with a capital L.

After the journey from hell I spent a week lazing about in Kathmandu (there was no way I was ready to go on another coach). did do some touristy stuff, I spent a day milling around Durbur square lot of temples) and went round the former palace. I did a couple of walking tours around the city and went on an adventure trying to find the immigration office. Mainly though I spent my time ambling around Thamel finding stuff to eat, in bars watching the local bands cover western rock music badly or in my room watching HBO or the Hallmark channel. In all it was the rest that needed from travelling. Also I was full of cold, so being lazy was required.

After a week in Kathmandu I have now come to Pokhara, Its on the banks of the Phewa Lake and has supposed views of the Annapurna Himalaya, unfortunately it is misty and I am yet to see them.
I got here yesterday (after a remarkable coach journey where we got here on time) and spent the afternoon looking round. This morning I got up early to see if was clear - it wasn't, then walked to the International Mountain Museum, a remarkably hard to find international museum. This was probably a lot better museum than the Himalayan Mountain Institute in Darjeeling (both on the same topic) but it acked the heart and fun of the HMI, also I seemed to be the only person in there which didn't help, perhaps I'm the first person to find it.

I've booked to go Canyoning in the next couple of days, which I can't decide whether it sounds great or terrifying. I'm might not yet go, I'm the only person booked and they need at least 3. Apart from that I have no steady plans for the moment, oh except for the weekend when I'm at the summertime music festival at The Last Resort (near the Tibet border).

1 comment:

  1. Is this music festival in Vic land? I googled "summertime music festival last resort nepal" and the first hit was this blog post.

    ReplyDelete