Friday, May 8, 2009

Kathmandu Again.

Hello Folks.

So after being poorly at the beginning of the week and feeling very sorry for myself, I decided to have a slightly more productive weekend. I know, watching Bollywood is a perfectly justifiable use of ones time but I've decided when I can sing along to some of the songs, enough is enough.

So after spending all day on Monday and Tuesday in bed I went sight seeing on Wednesday and Thursday. I'd met a bloke who'd I'd met in Pokhara and spent the time sightseeing with him.

We first went to the Monkey temple, it has another local name but I can't remember what it is. The reason for the monkey temple name is I presume from the number of monkeys that live there. Its a beautiful place with extraordinary views of the Kathmandu valley (thankfully it was a clearish day with not much smog but no mountain views).

Next day we went to a Hindu temple complex on the river, so we got to see some cremations, which was just odd. Art managed to rip the crotch of his trousers (yes, I don't know how either) so I spent half an hour talking to some Hindu Holy men whilst sewing (bizarrly they carry a needle and thread around with them), I then got quite scared by a man dressed as the monkey God, he was a bit freaky.

From there we walked to Boudha (which is either the biggest Stupa in Nepal or the world I can't remember) where I got blessed by a monk, which seemed to involve me being hit over the head with a plank of wood. I got to play in a giant prayer bell and saw a midget monk moving a massive prayer wheel (which was awesome but perhaps shouldn't have made me giggle quite as much as it did).

All in all a fun couple of days, I've spent most of today getting ready for the journey back to India tomorrow (I'm spending a couple of days in Dehli). I'm looking forward to moving on to South East Asia and starting a new adventure.




1 comment:

  1. Let's hope you enjoy India a bit more this tiem round. Watch out for the Delhi Belly! xxx

    ReplyDelete